Whenever we see a rainbow in the sky, we always feel happy and excited. In fact, most of us would utter in an exhilarated way “Hey, there’s a rainbow!”
The colors of a rainbow are light, fresh and happy and since they are so rare, they evoke a sense of awe and charm in addition to bringing the promise of golden sunshine with the blue sky usually on the horizon.
Let us revisit the 7 colors of the rainbow and let us understand what each one represents. We can simply remember the orders of the 7 colors thru this:
R – O – Y – G – B – I – V
- Red– This is the first color of the rainbow from top. Red signifies passion, vitality, enthusiasm and security. It is the light with the longest wavelength.
- Orange– This light or color is a combination of yellow and red. It is a dynamic color representing creativity, practicality, playfulness as well as equilibrium or control.
- Yellow– This is the color of the sunshine itself. It represents clarity of thought, wisdom, orderliness and energy.
- Green– This is the middle color of the rainbow and denotes fertility, growth, balance, health and wealth.
- Blue– This the fifth color of the rainbow which makes us think of the Unknown. The sky and the wide oceans are in this color and hence it has been associated with Spirituality and Divinity.
- Indigo– It is believed that where Blue is calming, Indigo is sedating. Indigo is mystical as it bridges the Gap between Finite and Infinite. Indigo colored gem stones are often used for spiritual attainment, psychic abilities, self-awareness and enhancement of Intuition.
- Violet– The last color of the rainbow is a mix of red and blue. It is considered the highest element of spirituality. It can ignite one’s imagination and be an inspiration to artists🎨. Dark tones of violet are associated with sorrow. Deeper shades of violet or purple denote high spiritual mastery.
Hence, the 7 colors of the rainbow are not only a thing of beauty that our eyes can enjoy but also it has some meanings and specific functions and purpose.
Each color we see around us has a significant representation. Whatever color you choose, whatever matches your personality or which color you think will make your day bright, it really doesn’t matter. After all, we are all equal in terms of our preferences and choices we do.
As an artist, I use diverse colors to create an art from my imagination putting it into the canvas and making it come to life. I can’t imagine life without colors because ultimately I would say Colors = Life.
Let’s make the world great again and may our Arts fill the world with Colors and Love.
Wishing you a magical day!
– Rolly G.-